Hello.

In my NetBeans IDE, I have a ANT web project, to which I have added under Libraries the JSTL 1.2.7 - jstl-impl.jar and the JSTL 1.2.7 - jstl-api.jar libraries. However, when adding this code :
----
*<jsp:text>
<h1>Hello JSP EL!</h1>
</jsp:text>*

----
Although it rebuilds properly, I get the following error message :
----

*Type Exception Report*

*Message Unable to compile class for JSP: *

*Description The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request.*

*Exception*

*org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP: An error occurred at line: [99] in the generated java file: [/home/jamiil/opt/tomcat/work/Catalina/localhost/ArbolOneEnterprise/org/apache/jsp/login/sign_005fin_jsp.java] Syntax error on token(s), misplaced construct(s)*

*An error occurred at line: [55] in the jsp file: [/login/sign_in.jsp] Syntax error on token ":", , expected 52: <% 53: try{ 54: 55: <jsp:text> 56: <h1>Hello JSP EL!</h1> 57: </jsp:text>*

----
It is my first time trying JSP EL, and I need a bit of guidance using this technology. Can any body tell me what I am missing? Is there a library I need to add? (i.e. <%@ page import="something.el.*" %> ).

Thanks in advance.

Note: I got this example from here <https://www.tutorialspoint.com/jsp/jsp_expression_language.htm>

--
ArbolOne.ca