Rajendra,

On 12/22/23 04:31, Rathore, Rajendra wrote:
We are migrating from tomcat 9 to tomcat 10, we run the migration
tool on our codebase, that work perfectly, can you please share the
changes from 9 to 10, we are interested in removed API or features
that we can fix manually as migrator tool not take care of such
changes.

Can you give an example?

There are 2 major changes in Tomcat 10 with respect to Tomcat 9 due to the migration from Java EE -> Jakarta EE:

1. All package names have changes usually from javax.* to jakarta.*

2. Old deprecated classes, methods, etc. from the Java EE specs
   have finally been removed from the APIs

The migration tool can help with #1; it's basically a massive recursive search-and-replace for the migrated packages. I would look to see if your application uses any deprecated methods or classes from Java EE and fix those to use their modern equivalents right now, because after migration, they will not work at all if they currently have deprecation warnings.

If your application works well on Tomcat 10 using the auto-migration auto-deployment process, then in order to "upgrade" your application from Tomcat 9 to Tomcat 10, you should take (roughly) the following steps:

1. Run the migration tool on your *source code* to replace package names in sources.

2. Note any compiler errors due to libraries that fail to link properly. Search for updated versions of these libraries that support Jakarta EE instead of Java EE and use those.

3. Any libraries with no support for Jakarta EE will have to be manually-migrated using the migration tool on the library *only*. Store those manually-migrated libraries next to your source code for builds and deployments.

-chris