Hi,

I'm not Mark but still try to provide my help

> Hi Mark,
>
> Thanks for the response. For mainly related to our Thingworx IOT-based
> application, we are using the Tomcat 9.0.62 server. So for that, we are
> getting zombie or defunct processes.
>
> "Please provide the steps you used to recreate this issue in a clean
> installation of a standalone Tomcat instance." -> So for this,  We have
> executed our installer, which itself installs the Tomcat server. So, there
> are no manual steps that we ask the user to execute.

What you were asked is to provide full details about your installer.
That's most likely where we could see why you have this issue.

> As per the previous response, "A default Tomcat install does not create
> parent and child processes, so zombie processes cannot occur." -> So we
> have raised a support case with Tomcat to just understand the reason why
> defunct processes are created.

I'm not sure you can "raise a support case with Tomcat" as you do with
commercial companies where you pay for support contracts. At least I was
not aware Apache Tomcat provides such contracts, but I may have missed it.

> Is anybody already raised case similar to defunct or related to zombie
> processes. If yes, can you please share which resolution you have provided
> to them to prevent creation of those.

Your best bet may be to openly provide more detailed info so we, as a
community, can help you identifying why you see zombie processes.

Regards,
Simon