I agree with chris

On 7/25/06, Christopher Schultz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Darren,

> My jar file (foo.jar) is in the
> webapps/abc/WEB-INF/lib directory for my 'abc' application. However, in
the
> Catalina log file, when Tomcat starts, I get a "ClassNotFound -
> com.abc.framework.ControlServlet" error. Why can my servlet not be found
if
> it resides in the jar under the WEB-INF/lib directory???

Can you confirm with "jar tvf webapps/abd/WEB-INF/lib/abc.jar" that your
class is actually in there with the path
"com/abc/framework/ControlServlet.class"?

Another thing you could try is this:

$ javap -classpath webapps/abc/WEB-INF/lib/abc.jar  \
                  com.abc.framework.ControlServlet

This should print out the API of your class. If it does not, then either
the JAR is broken or the package and class names are incorrect.

-chris

--
Suresh Babu,
Software Engineer,