On 25/01/2024 13:55, Tobias Blum (Fujitsu) wrote:
Hello together,

we have updated the Tomcat from Version 9.0.65 to Version 9.0.79.

We are running tomcat on Windows Server 2019

Our Tomcat Version is delivered with SAP BusinessObjects.

We have configured for our Web Application which runs on the Tomcat the SAML2 Authentication, after the update to the Version  9.0.79 we are seeing in the “stdout.log” File the following message:

13:26:17.576 [main] ERROR org.opensaml.saml2.metadata.provider.AbstractReloadingMetadataProvider - Error occurred while attempting to refresh metadata from 'E:\WEB-INF\idp-meta-downloaded.xml' org.opensaml.saml2.metadata.provider.MetadataProviderException: Metadata file 'E:\WEB-INF\idp-meta-downloaded.xml' does not exist

We are not understand the message is popping up now and why the Tomcat is searching outside of his Installation Directory (E:\BO\tomcat) . I’m search on Google and Tomcat Help Pages, but I not found how we can adjust the search location for the SAML2 Metadata Provider File?

Can you help us here? Is this a wrong configuration? Or a Problem with Tomcat?

This isn't something the Tomcat community can help you with. You need to contact whichever organization provides you with support for Business Objects and/or OpenSAML.

Mark