Subodh,

On 3/26/24 06:59, Subodh Joshi wrote:
I am planning to do same now and may be we will use the property

*server.tomcat.basedir*

But this may create another issue ,it will grow the size of the folder.

What makes you say that?

Is this possible in the coming release tomcat/embedded tomcat give a
feature to delete the basedir at the tomcat restart/start and
recreate it?

This sounds more like a deployment detail and not a Tomcat-launch detail. Since you are using Spring Boot, why not just delete the directory from your own code before Tomcat launches?

One more thing is unanswered after deleting the tomcat folder why first
page clicked is throwing 500 error with ClassNotFoundException if its not
accessed before deleting the tomcat folder?

I'm sorry, I can't answer that without spending a lot of time looking at your environmemnt.

If you stop deleting the directory while Tomcat is running and it stops returning 500 responses, then I think you have solved your problem without discovering the absolute root-cause of the problem. But you are pulling the rug out from underneath a running application and expecting it to work without failing. I think that's not a realistic expectation. Tomcat relies on its local environment being stable. Dont' destabilize it.

If you absolutely need Tomcat to not-fail under thes conditions, we'd be happy to have you research it and provide a patch or pull-request.

-chris

On Fri, Mar 22, 2024 at 7:01 PM Christopher Schultz <