On 24/05/2024 14:31, Jakub Królikowski wrote:

<snip/>

Hi Mark,
It seems to me that this can be tested on any application.
In Tomcat 10.1, if any session attribute is an instance of a new public
class (unknown to Tomcat and to Tomcat class loader), implementing
java.io.Serializable,
then on reloading the application PersistanceManager (configured as in the
first message) crashes with ClassNotFoundException. StandardManager works.
I don't know if this problem occurred in earlier versions of Tomcat.

If you fail to reproduce this bug, let me know, I will prepare a simple web
app.

Best regards,

Jakub

Jakub,

The chances of a committer looking at the issue you are seeing are significantly higher if you provide a test case that demonstrates the issue rather than expecting a committer to write a test case for you based on your description.

Mark