> On Jun 13, 2024, at 12:45, Mcalexander, Jon J.
> <jonmcalexan...@wellsfargo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> I have an application team that started having problems with their
> application when they were updgraded from 9.0.86 to 9.0.88 version of Tomcat.
> The base cause of their stack-trace is:
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.apache.tomcat.util.codec.binary.Base64.decodeBase64
>
> Was there a changes to the api since 9.0.86? I know that according to this
> link, base64 is deprecated?
>
> https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/api/org/apache/tomcat/util/codec/binary/Base64.html

One of the decodeBase64() methods was removed due to apparent non-use:

    public static byte[] decodeBase64(final byte[] base64Data) {
        return decodeBase64(base64Data, 0, base64Data.length);
    }

Two decodeBase64() methods remain:

    public  static byte[] decodeBase64(
            final byte[] base64Data, final int off, final int len)

    public static byte[] decodeBase64(final String base64String)

Without the full stack trace, it’s not possible to see where the call to the
removed method comes from, but hopefully you could recode the caller to add the
offset and length parameters.

  - Chuck