Francesco,

On 2024/06/20 12:18:15 Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
чт, 20 июн. 2024 г. в 13:25, Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>:

Hi there,
at Syncope we usually use the latest Tomcat versions to run a large chunk of
our integration tests.

In our master branch we relay on Tomcat 10.1.x, and upgrading to 10.1.25 from
10.1.24 went smooth as usual.

In our 3_0_X branch we relay on Tomcat 9.0.x; with 9.0.89 everything goes as
expected, but with 9.0.90 we are getting the exception [1].

Any idea of what could be changed in 9.0.90 within this regard? Thank you.

[1] https://gist.github.com/ilgrosso/be1fb1f2ea205eef60fb221973f87b34

The "java.lang.IllegalStateException: The request object has been
recycled and is no longer associated with this facade" message means
that a Request object has been (illegally) stored and is accessed
outside of its lifecycle - when the underlying structures and buffers
have already been recycled and may have been reused to process
subsequent requests.

Mark wrote:
You could try explicitly setting discardFacades to false.

In general, not recommended.
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/security-howto.html#Connectors

Calling getScheme() might be safe (as IIRC the info will come from a
connector configuration), but anything beyond that may lead to either
false results or to security issues. It would be better to identify
and fix the underlying cause.

Are you suggesting there is something to fix on Syncope's or CXF's code? Or
rather on Tomcat?

This is a protection that Tomcat is providing to the application. There is no known bug in Tomcat's code.

It's not clear to me whether Syncope's or CXF's code is retaining such a reference, but, given the stack trace I would suspect that UserServiceImpl in Syncope's code is where you should start looking.

As I am writing above, we have no issues with Tomcat 9.0.89 nor with Tomcat
10.1.25.

It looks like this change was made in 9.0.90 *only* and was not ported to the other June releases. Honestly, this change should have been made to all active branches... I'm not sure why Rémy only applied it to 9.0.x.

This is likely a long-standing bug in your application and it really should be fixed. There is likely a security and/or privacy issue in the application which this error is pointing-out to you.

-chris