пн, 15 июл. 2024 г. в 11:24, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:

> On 14/07/2024 00:28, Pradeep wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need some tips to solve below issue.
> > I am getting 431 http error in API (code running in tomcat) when header
> > size crosses 8KB. Tomcat server doesn't process request if header size is
> > more than 8KB.
> > I tried adding below properties to increase the header size in Springboot
> > application.yaml:
> >
> > server:
> >    tomcat:
> >        max-http-header-size: 16KB
> >
> > Above solution didn't work, please advice if any other way can achieve
> > increasing header size.
>
> You might be better off seeking help from the Spring community.

+1

> That
> looks like the right property to set to me but there may well be some
> detail I am missing.

1. Versions of everything =?
2. What documentation did you read?

3. Quick googling finds this article (from a well-known author, but it
is not official documentation):
https://www.baeldung.com/spring-boot-max-http-header-size

On that page there is a discussion about change in the property names
in Spring Boot 3,
and the names are different: with no "tomcat" part in them.

(BTW, If you run Tomcat directly, without SpringBoot,
its configuration expects a value as integer (bytes) and cannot handle
a "KB" suffix

The relevant settings in Tomcat itself are documented at
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-9.0-doc/config/http.html#Standard_Implementation

Replace "9.0" in the URL with your version.)

> Another thing to check is how big your headers are. Are you sure 16KB is
> enough?

+1

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko