Greg,

On 7/15/24 5:01 PM, Greg Eschbacher wrote:
Hi all,

I'm hoping you all can help me:  Our JDK 11 application uses tomcat-embed-core,
and we're upgrading from 9.0.88 to 9.0.91 and we can no longer compile.

After some investigation, I believe the issue is that the tomcat-embed-core jar
file no longer contains a module-info.class file.   When I unzip the jar for
9.0.88 and 9.0.90, those jars contain module-info.class right in the root.
However, 9.0.91 does not.

The symptom when compiling is this message:  module not found:
org.apache.tomcat.embed.core   requires org.apache.tomcat.embed.core;

You can see this by comparing:
https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tomcat/embed/tomcat-embed-core/9.0.91/tomcat-embed-core-9.0.91.jar
https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tomcat/embed/tomcat-embed-core/9.0.90/tomcat-embed-core-9.0.90.jar

I spot-checked a few more (9.0.84, and 9.0.88) and they all had
module-info.class in the zip.

Is this change an intentional design change, or perhaps just a mistake?

This looks like a packaging mistake. I see a Bugzilla issue for it and I believe it will be fixed for the next releases (likely in early August).

-chris