Hi Team,

We are observing a strange behavior for our app running on the Tomcat9.

Issue:
We have 2 applications configured on tomcat9 (Java8) named app1 & app2. There
are 2 log files named a.log & b.log to be created under a path /a/b/c (for
app1) & /d/e/f (for app2) and this path is defined in log4j2.xml. The log files
a.log & b.log is getting created at /a/b/c for app1 but not for app2 and
instead it is getting written in default Catalina.out file. Nothing created
under /d/e/f.

We tried few steps in our lab server and below are our observations.

  1.  Got this issue when we are Migrating from RHEL-7 to RHEL-8
  2.  The same war file for app1 and app2 is working as expected in RHEL-7
(a.log and b.log getting created under the path /a/b/c and d/e/f respectively).
  3.  No Issue on RHEL-8, When the war is built locally (created from same
branch where Prod war file is) and deployed MANUALLY.
  4.  We got ISSUE on RHEL-8, when the war is built and deployed via UCD.
  5.  No issues in RHEL-7 with UCD build and deploy.

So, we are not sure if it is RHEL-8 or the UCD that is causing this issue.
Could you please take a look at it and help with steps to resolve this issue.

Please let me know in case you need further information.

Regards,
Saicharan Burle
Lead Infrastructure Engineer
Chief Technology Office | Foundational Hosting Platform | Middleware Product
Engineering
G=ETI DPS Middleware Prod Eng

Block B1A Divyasree Orion | Hyderabad - 500081 | India
MAC O2806-010 | Cell +91 9966964321

MPE Service Desk:
https://devops-servicedesk.wellsfargo.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/14/group/385?groupId=385
Enterprise Middleware Services:
https://wim-wiki.wellsfargo.com/pages/viewpage.action?spaceKey=MPE&title=Middleware+Product+Engineering+Team+Home
Normal Working hours: 4:00 AM to 1:00 PM EST
Upcoming PTO:
Be Green, Leave it on Screen!!!
[http://f.connect.wellsfargoemail.com/i/38/2082566297/EML-224071_4726581_6304406_logo-stagecoach-eml_511x80.png]