When you install it it asks you to enable it or not. The install has it selected "enabled" by default so if you just hit "next", "next" etc then yes it is enabled.

Markus Schönhaber wrote:

Li wrote:
I had a struts webapp remotely running with tomcat (started using
startup.sh, not catalina.sh start -security) in Fedora Core 4 machine. When
I was trying to upload from my local machine. uploading failed.

The dir which stores the uploaded files is out of tomcat home dir, i gave
its access right to read write, also assigned the same user and group id as
tomcat server. So I guess it should not be the FS accessing setup problem,
but much likely at tomcat side.

Does FC4 already come with SELinux eneabled? If so, this might be the reason for the problem.

Regards
 mks