I set mod_jk to log level debug, and saw it was
telling apache "2No.Host.matches.server.name".
Did some googling, and some sites say it's a
permissions issue, but my startup script chowns
everything to "tomcat"
One page i found said it may be there's no default
context in server.xml.
(http://www.palbrattberg.com/?p=69#comments)
I added a <Context> under my <Host> section,
and now I see apache and tomcat talking in
netstat -an.  YAY!

However, still having issues, now instead of a blank
page, I get tomcat's 404 page when i try to load the
test HelloWorld.jsp.  I think I'm getting close, I
will turn on debug for tomcat and look for issues.

If anyone has suggestions, pls let me know.

--- John Kojo Ampia - Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>