Jon,

> It just can not seem to understand why it is so hard to get a Java
> servlet container to communicate with an Enterprise Java Bean, it
> seems like they should work together seamlessly.

Forgive my ignorance (I don't have much experience with EJBs), but it
sounds like you are trying to use EJBs outside of an EJB container,
which doesn't make a lot of sense.

Just because you can pull an EJB out of JNDI doesn't mean that you can
do anything with it. If you want to work with EJBs, you're going to need
an EJB container, so Tomcat won't meet your needs.

Am I wrong?

-chris