I know this sounds very general, but 1.2.10 is quite antique. First
update to 1.2.18, try again and if your problem is still reproducible,
post your config (workers.properties and Jk* from httpd.conf) and
relevant parts of the mod_jk-Logfile with LogLevel trace.

Also try to relate tcp connection information from netstat using you AJP
port to your thread observations.

Regards,

Rainer