Hey there;

and, at first, thanks a lot for the hint.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:

> WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="My Document Management System"
>
> I'm not sure if tomcat will interpret the resulting "Authorization" header
> in the next request, given that you asked him not to authenticate, but you
> can always ask for the contents of that header, strip off the "Basic "
> from the front, and Base64.decode the rest, yielding userid:password.
> Split on the ":" and you have your id and password.

Hmmm, I feel stupid right now as I could have thought about that myself.
Thanks for enlightening me, that's pretty much what I needed! :)

Thanks and bye,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink *  http://zimmer428.net * jab: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
icq: 48874445 *  fon: ++49 176 2447 2771