Markus,

>>> Thanks for your quick answer. The problem I want to solve is only to
>>> create a session if it is really needed, so #redirectToURLWithSID is a
>>> little bit more complicated that this.
>> What is your definition of "is really needed"? I would say that NOT
>> having a session is a good indication that you SHOULD create one. Am I
>> missing the point?
>
> Not having a session results in not sending cookies nor sids and thats what
> I want, at least for pages where it isn't needed.

Some part of your logic is missing: you do not have a case where it is
known that you MUST create a session. Therefore, you never create a
session. Your code tries and tries again (redirecting continuously) but
never creates a session because you are not handling the case where you
want to create one. You must create a session at some point: you're just
not doing it.

-chris