Robert,

> So I have a rather nice dynamic configuration using mod perl <Perl> stanzas
> the
> only thing standing in my way of making it 100% dynamic is the worker port for
> mod_jk.
>
> Why oh why must this be configured via a separate properties file?

The changelog for mod_jk says this under mod_jk 1.2.6:

"
Added JkWorkerProperty directive that enables omiting workers.properties
file. For example: JkWorkerProperty worker.ajp13a.port=8009.
"

Will this do what you want?

I have never used it, so you'll probably have to poke around to figure
out exactly how to use JkWorkerProperty.

-chris