Markus Schönhaber wrote:

> Your first two questions are in no way Tomcat-specific.
> Anyway...
>
> Ipv6Tomcat wrote:
>>      yes,I had installed tomcat 5.0.28 simply in my machine(xp sp2)
>> ,because my computer has deployed ipv4 and ipv6 address, when i install
>> tomcat successfully, I just put the "http://localhost:8080"; to webbrowser
>> to test tomcat.How can i know localhost refer to the ipv6 address?
>
> Use
> netstat -n
> to see the active connections.
> netstat -na
> will also show whether Tomcat has bound to an IPv6 address.
> Or, even simpler, use the numeric IPv6 address in the URL, like
> http://[::1]:8080
>
>>      secondly,How can i know my machine use ipv6 address? it seems that
>> ipv4 address is default address(InetAddress.getByName("hostname")  return
>> ipv4,not ipv6 address.).
>
> ipconfig /all
>
> BTW: you might want to take a look at this:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/itsolutions/network/evaluate/technol/tcpipfund/tcpipfund.mspx
>
>>      thirdly,i want to know if there is a deployment change for ipv6
>> environment? just  modify the deployment file like server.xml etc.
>
> None that I know of.
>
> Regards
>   mks

Hi mks:
    Thank you for your detailed reply and sorry to reply you so slowly.May
you have a nice weekend too.
Yea,I have got it according to your suggestions.Thank you ,I am very glad to
write to you, it is a very good thing for me .I hope I can often communicate
with you. May you Happy..
    Best wishes.
    rock.