Your log message sited below is not related to accessing jpl.jar. It's just a message stating it couldn't use the new native APR connector and is falling back to the traditional Coyote connector.

As far as an external jar file, best practice is include it in your webapp in WEB-INF/lib. In $CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib if you are using it accross multiple webapps.

--David

Minh Tu Thanh Tran wrote:

Hi,

I want to use methods of an external library (jpl.jar file) inside a
java Bean class. But I got this error message from Tomcat 5.5.17 log
file:

Aug 7, 2006 1:14:44 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener
lifecycleEvent
INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
performance in production environments was not found on the
java.library.path:
/usr/lib/j2sdk1.5-sun/jre/lib/i386/client:/usr/lib/j2sdk1.5-sun/jre/lib/i386:/usr/lib/j2sdk1.5-sun/jre/../lib/i386

My question is how to solve this problem?

Many thanks,

Tu