That's because you are setting up Apache to view your ecommerce site as the root, but tomcat is still using the ROOT webapp as the root. Dump the ROOT webapp, rename ecommerce to ROOT and reconfigure Apache to your webapp (now named ROOT).

--David

jeusdi wrote:

Helo World, I'm trying configured my apache to communicate with Tomcat. Mmm,
I've created a aweb application contained in webapps tomcat directory. This
application is named ecommerce. So in my httpd.conf file I put this:

ServerName 192.168.1.2

NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.2:80

<VirtualHost 192.168.1.2:80>
        ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        DocumentRoot /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ecommerce
        ErrorLog /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ecommerce/logs/error_log
        CustomLog /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ecommerce/logs/access_log common
        <LocationMatch ".*WEB-INF.*">
                AllowOverride None
                Deny from all
        </LocationMatch>
</VirtualHost>

So, all request from my explorer to 192.168.1.2 would be go to my index.jsp,
but it isn't.

When I access to http://192.168.1.2 it shows me the default ROOT web
application TOMCAT, so index.jsp from ROOT web application.
I dump workers2.properties bellow-->

# only at beginnin. In production uncomment it out
[logger.apache2]
level=DEBUG

[shm]
file=/var/log/apache2/shm.file
size=1048576

# Example socket channel, override port and host.
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
port=8009
host=127.0.0.1

# define the worker