Hi all,
I know that this question has been asked many times, but still something not clear for me. When an application is deployed as a war file, (as mentioned in the javadoc, or in several messages), context.getRealPath() will return null. However, Tomcat creates automatically a directory under webapps to contain war file contents, so I am wondering if Tomcat is using the newly generated directory to load the application(1st case) or
the war file (2nd case).
In the first case context.getRealPath("/") should return the path to the newly generated directory. In the second case, why does Tomcat generate the directory to contain war file contents?
Thanks for the explanation
Regards
Romain