In this case the chances are relatively high - imagine a company using a
proxy to connect to the Internet. The client IP does not change, a someone
in the company sniffing can easily hijack sessions from his/her colleagues.

Tomas

             "Long"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       "Tomcat Users List"
             10.08.2006 18:30          <users@tomcat.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

               "Tomcat Users           Re: Session hijacking with
                   List"               Tomcat/Myfaces - unable to fix it
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 che.org>

I wonder if associating (and checking) the request IP with the session
would reduce the problem to some acceptable level. What is
the chance of a session being hijacked from the same network (face-ip)?

Another question is can the original request IP be spoofed?

Long