From: Deshmukh, JAYDEEP (IT) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 2:49 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Exception at Tomcat 4.3.1 startup

Hi All,
I get the following exception when I try to startup tomcat 4.3.1. I
checked out some forums and apparently, its because I am using version
2.3 of web-app instead of 2.4 and it is suggest that I use Tomcat 5.x to
resolve this. Thing is I am not in a position to switch over Tomcat 5.x
due to organizational constraints. Please help.

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document root element "web-app", must
match DOCTY
PE root "null".
        at
org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Un
known Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.rootElementSpecified(Unkno
wn Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleStartElement(Unknown
 Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(Unknown Sourc
e)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElemen
t(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$ContentDispatcher.scanR
ootElementHook(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContent
Dispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Un
known Source)
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1548)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.applicationConfig(ContextCo
nfig.java:220)

Regards
Jaydeep