yeah, I've found that, too, although getRemoteHost theoretically should return
the machine name in many cases, but sometimes it won't.

-----Original Message-----
From: Maurice Yarrow [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2006 2:45 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Session hijacking with Tomcat/Myfaces - unable to fix it

Hello Barry

Generally, getRemoteHost() and getRemoteAddr() return
the same value, but I had found a situation during testing
where getRemoteAddr() returned an IP address but
getRemoteHost() returned nothing.  (That was two months
ago, and I can't, at this time, remember the exact
conditions under which this occurred.)

Maurice Yarrow