hi Mark,

Yes. I used apache httpclient to POST a large file to a servlet in Tomcat. I
expected tomcat to throw a error as size was cet to 4 MB.

Any thoughts where i am wrong...

Regards
KK

On 8/19/06, Mark Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Krish B wrote:
> hi,
>
> I am trying to use maxPostSize of tomcat in 5.5.15.
>
> I edited the server.xml and added maxPostSize = 4MB
>
>    <Connector
> port="8080"               maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
>               maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"
>               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
acceptCount="100"
>               connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true"
> maxPostSize="4097152" />
>
> I am able to post a file of size > 4 MB ( 16MB etc.. ). I was supposed
> get an error "Post too large" but dont seem to get it.
>
> I think i have not configured it correctly...
Config looks fine.
I have tested this and it works.
I can't see any code changes since 5.5.15 that relate to this?

> Any pointers of how to get this right would be great.
Did you restart Tomcat after making the change?
Are you connecting via port 8080?

Mark