Uhh! Ok, that's what I wanted to hear and it is evident that Context's
path is being ignored but why HTTP 400? Anyway, I do not believe the
"name" of context file has any bearing on the URI that must be
specified.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/deployer-howto.html says,

"If a Context Descriptor is not provided for a Context, Tomcat
automatically creates one and places it in (1) with a filename of
[webappname].xml although if manually created, the ___filename need
not match the web application name___ as Tomcat is concerned only with
the Context configuration contained within the Context Descriptor
file(s)."

And that holds true if I change conf/enginename/vh.host.com/myapp.xml
to yourapp.xml. After restarting Tomcat, it still requires me to
specify myapp/ for the URI, so it comes down to the name of the
directory (appBase + docBase) where the web application is being
deployed, in this case "myapp". Anyway, thank you for verifying that.

Sincerely,

Evan

On 8/20/06, Mark Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Evan J wrote:
> conf/enginename/vh.host.com/myapp.xml:
>
> <Context path="someuri"
>               docBase="/myapp"...>

Ahh. Light dawns. It wasn't clear (to me at least) that you were using
a context.xml file. I had assumed you were specifying the context
inside server.xml. Using the configuration above the path will be
ignored and the name of the context.xml file used instead as per

Which changes my last post to:
http://vh.host.com/myapp/eservlets/myservlet

If you name the file ROOT.xml the the URL becomes:
http://vh.host.com/eservlets/myservlet

HTH,

Mark