I don't know. I tried at home, with firewall on, worked fine.
I will ask around about the firewall setup at my working place.
Also, do i need to do sth with the proxy, and config svn with proxy?

Thanks,

Yan

On 8/21/06, Mark Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yan Bai wrote:
> Could this be a svn problem? when i tried "svn checkout
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/current/tc5.5.x "
>
> I got the following msg:
> svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/asf/tomcat/current/tc5.5.x'
> svn: PROPFIND of '/repos/asf/tomcat/current/tc5.5.x': could not connect
> to serve
> r (http://svn.apache.org)
> -------end of 'svn checkout'------------

This works for me. Might you be behind some form of firewall that
prevents you from doing this?

Mark