What is the best way to setup multiple paths all pointing to the same
docbase?

IE, I want 'www.mysite.com', 'www.mysite.com/brand1', 'www.mysite.com/brand2'
etc., to all point to the same folder (say tomcat5.5/webapps/myapp).

I have been able to do this by placing multiple context tags within the host
tag of server.xml, but then I require a restart for them to takeeffect.
I also have been able to do this by placing brand1.xml, brand2.xml etc.
files in the catalinahome/engine/host folder, but then i need 1 file per
context. This is dynamic, but if I have many paths there will be many files.

Is there a way to combine the power of having multiple contexts within 1
file in the first method, with the power of hot-deploy in the second?