> From: Yan Bai [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> It doesn't work in my case. even after changed the port numbers in one
> server.xml.
> I have both T4.1 and T5.5 installed on win XP.
> becoz CATALINA_HOME point to where T5 is, even explicitly call T4
> 'startup' script, T5 server is started.
> Any other tricks to make both work?

Are they running as services, or started from the batch files?  Are they
installed in different directories?  Have you edited CATALINA_HOME by
hand in one of the startup files?

For example, here are my own startup files for a 5.0 and a 4.1 instance
on the computer on which I'm typing this.  C:\cattery contains
subdirectories for each Tomcat instance.  Tomcat is installed in the
obvious place in each case.

-- cohse.bat --
set CATALINA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1
set CATALINA_BASE=c:\cattery\cohse
cd %CATALINA_HOME%\bin
startup
-- end of cohse.bat --