> From: gurusamy.senthil [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> I am trying to learn some web technologies and I
> choosen Tomcat with jsp/servlet to develop small application.

If you're learning a new technology for your own interest, Java plus
J2EE is considerably smaller than .Net Framework (although the average
quality of the English-language learning material for .Net appears to be
slightly better than for Java).  If you're learning a new technology to
give you more marketable skills, both technologies are in demand at the
moment, and as far as I can see the rates for both are higher than the
rates for PHP developers :-).

                - Peter