Hmm,

I think it's not possible from tomcats view, but you could have a
static class, where you store your status, like
class Status{
 public static boolean continueLoading(){
 }
}

in your servlet you can check whether loading is alowed :
public class MyServlet extends HttpServlet{
 public void init(ServletConfig config){
   if(!Status.continueLoading())
     throw new Error("Loading not allowed");
 }

}

this way your webapp will maybe loaded, but not visible for anyone.

regards
Leon