> From: prad [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Am processing some svg files on server side and after
> processing i need to
> send the svg as response...I set the mime type as "image/svg+xml"
> and  tried the below code
>
>  public void doGet(HttpServletRequest request,
>                       HttpServletResponse response)
>                   throws ServletException, IOException{
>
>       response.setContentType("text/html");

Erm?  I thought you said you were setting the type to SVG?

>       PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();
>
>       out.println("<html>");
>       out.println("  <head>");
>       out.println("    <title>SimpleServlet</title>");
>       out.println("  </head>");
>       out.println("  <body>");
>       out.println("    Hello, World");
>       out.println("  </body>");
>       out.println("</html>");
>     }
>
> when i invoke this servlet .....it's showing download dialog
> box and if
> press ok .....servletName.svg file gets downloads
> Why its not directly displaying the contents in the
> browser...Any help plz..

Firstly I'd send some valid SVG, not HTML, as the payload.

Secondly does your browser have SVG handling, either natively or via a
plug-in?

Thirdly have you used any tool such as ieHttpHeaders to check the
content-type?

Fourthly, are you using Internet Explorer?  It has a nasty habit of
using the URL's extension to guess the type of the downloaded content
rather than replying on the MIME type.  If you're serving the content
with a .svg extension and don't have a plug-in that accepts the content,
IE may well offer to save the file rather than display HTML.

                - Peter