Boris, search the archives, Chrales once gava a detailed answer on this topic.
Short version:
until you have > 8 processors you shouldn't worry about the garbage collector.
If you have >8 you should set the number of garbage collection threads
accordingly.

leon

Hello,

Leon Rosenberg wrote:
> are you using a 64bit version? If yes than the answer is yes.
> Otherwise its probably no :-)
Is this really just a 32 vs 64bit decision? What about garbage
collection cycles?
What about more than one instance of tomcat for the same application on
the same machine
(scaling somehow vertically)?

Regards
Boris