Of course you are correct about that catch 22 comment. I did find a package called httpd-devel that I downloaded and I recompiled mod_jk.so with everything working.

Mladen Turk wrote:
Tom wrote:
I would like to build mod_jk.so rather than figure out how to use mod_proxy_ajp since I just do not understand the new interface.

The catch 22 I run into is that axps is not installed on my machine. If I had it I would just build a mod_jk.

There is no catch 22.
Like for Apache 1.3.x, 2.0.x and 2.2.x the apxs
is located and provided by apache-devel package.

I suspect will try to install apache 2.1 just to get myself working again with a prebuilt mod_jk.

Opportunism at large :)

--
Mladen.