The table used in the DataSourceRealm can contain more than just the user's credentials. Expand the schema to include all the info. When they login, just query the database for the remaining info. request.getRemoteUser() provide's the username of the client. A request filter would be ideal for this.

--David

Jon Yeargers wrote:

I have a site that uses Tomcat's form based authentication. It reads from a MySQL db using a 'DataSourceRealm' defined in the context.xml file. All well and good.

What Im hoping to achieve is creation of a session bean with info about the logged in account when a valid login is sent. Is there a value in context.xml, web.xml or other that I can enter / trap / override?

Im using TC5.

Jon