We have downloaded Apache Tomcat, V2.2.3, and are attempting to install it on our mainframe systems, running z/OS 1.7.  We also have something called JZOS from IBM, which provides JCL for starting JAVA applications.  It came with JCL to start up tomcat, but it fails with a class not found error, looking for bootstrap.jar.  Should that have come with tomcat?  I'd like some information regarding this missing jar file.  Where can I get it?

Also, I'd appreciate experience from anyone who has done this, installed Tomcat on a mainframe system running z/OS 1.7 OS.

Kevin Mullin
Sr. Analyst
IBM Corporation

(206) 345-7068