Hello Heiko,

I think you're looking for the following method:
javax.servlet.http.Cookie#setMaxAge(int expiry)

Its default value (see getMaxAge()) is -1 => the cookie persists until browser shutdown.

Regards,
Dies

Heiko Klein wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently moving an web-application from custom-made to tomcat-servlet. Before, I used my own cookie management to store user-preferences. The cookies had a persistence on the browser of 1 year, if the browser-configuration allowed that.

The default tomcat cookies for session-management seem to be deleted with browser-restart. How can I keep a session open even if the user restarts his computer? Or in other words, how can I set the 'Expires' field of the session-cookie send to the browser?

Best regards,

Heiko