If apache is serving all the traffic - then tomcat doesn't need to record any access logs. (Unless you need monitor how much load went to each tomcat) Apache will have every request. If you combine the logs - you would double count some of your requests.

-Tim

Frank Niedermann wrote:
Hello,

for a project I had to set up an environment with Apache2, mod_jk and 2 Tomcat
instances. Apache2 / mod_jk will route requests to Tomcat1 and Tomcat2 (load
balancing).

How can I install a log analysis tool like AWstats into this environment?

I mean which log files should I use, Apache2-log, Tomcat1-log or Tomcat2-log?
Can I combine them all together?