Hello all,

I am reading a lot on JVM garbage collection tuning but i cant figure out what the best situation is for me. I run a very large application without any problems except one remarks.
I see (i am using lambda probe) that my old generation memory is growing until the 70% (is default I read) of my total heap size. My xmx and xms parameters are both 1024m. So the olg generation take about 700 mb.
The jvm (default jvm) doesn't automatically garbage collect the olg gen space memeory. So this looks like a memory leak, however if I explicit do a gc() all the old gen memory is released, so i dont think its a memory leak.
How can I avoid (the best solution) that the old gen is filling until 70% of the total memory allocation by the jvm and what causes this? Could lampda probe cause this?

Thx in advanced.

ps. I added a screenshot of my memeory allocation (in lambda probe)

Maarten Janssen