Hi Joshua,

1st, thanks a lot for your quick answer, we really do appreciate it.

However, this does not seem to be the cause of our problem.

We changed the mapping in our web.xml both (security constraint AND
servletmapping) to "/*" - same result, no login-screen. Then we
changed it to "/" (both again) - same frustrating result.

No we're complete running out of ideas.

What really puzzles us is that the Servlet is called (we have the
proof in our log), however, it is just not authenticated.

Maybe one hint:

We changed the name back to SingleSignOn (instead of CRSSO), since we
thought that maybe the name SingleSignOn somehow has a special meaning
to Tomcat, but I figure it's not, right?

Yes, we also adapted our web.xml and context-file...

I just cant believe it that Tomcat doesn't authenticate - basic
authentication, however, works.....

Greg & Yassine, one foot each on the windowsill...