Hi everybody.

Unfortunately I am only very little familiar with servlets and JSPs. But I have the following urgent qustion, since I have to solve it for my job.

I have the source code availible for a bigger JAVA web project. I managed to import it into Eclipse and compile it. But I would also like to change or extend some features of the web interface.

Beside the source folder of the project, a folder for the class-files and some lib-folders, there is also one folder containing .jsp, .jsi and .js files (including index.jsp, error.jsp, footer.jsi, header.jsi, main15.js...). I know that Tomcat 4.1 has been used as well as the tomcatplugin for Eclipse, so I also set up this.

If I try to start the mentioned index.jsp file with Tomcat (http://localhost:8082/htdocs/index.jsp) a file D:\<folder>\work\org\apache\jsp\htdocs\index_jsp.java is being created and I get the following error:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

An error occurred at line: 17 in the jsp file: /htdocs/header.jsi

Generated servlet error:
   [javac] Compiling 1 source file

D:\<folder>\work\org\apache\jsp\htdocs\index_jsp.java:7: package pck.pckname does not exist
import pck.pckname.*;
^
D:\<folder>\work\org\apache\jsp\htdocs\index_jsp.java:9: package pck.pckname does not exist
import pck.pckname.FileName;
                  ^
(...)
and so on.

If I copy the folder with the Java project package into the work folder (work\org\apache\jsp) and execute my file index.jsp with Tomcat again, I get further but again get the following error message:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

An error occurred at line: 17 in the jsp file: /htdocs/header.jsi

Generated servlet error:
   [javac] Compiling 1 source file

D:\<folder>\work\org\apache\jsp\<package_folder>\SomefileMux.java:14: package org.mortbay.http does not exist
import org.mortbay.http.HttpRequest;
                       ^
D:\<folder>\work\org\apache\jsp\package_folder>\SomefileMux.java:15: package org.mortbay.http does not exist
import org.mortbay.http.HttpResponse;

(...)

I know that in the original files I got there are a lot of class files based on the jsp files such as: index_jsp.class, error_jsp.class ...).

How can I compile this project and get also all this *_jsp.class files?? Please help me...