From: "Darren Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Tomcat Users List'" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 2:56 PM
Subject: RE: Database connection pooling in Tomcat 5.5

> did you try printing out the username and password variables to see what
> credentials are coming through?

Well, yes and no. I've actually hard coded the username and password into my
code when I've tested *not* using connection pooling, so I know what they
are in that case. When using connection pooling the username and password
are stored in my context.xml file as attributes in a Resource element. I'm
not sure how to get the values of those attributes in my code to print them
out. Also, if I were more knowledgeable in Oracle, I'd love to check to the
database to verify the pool is being created, and possible to see if what
credentials are being used on the Oracle side when I attempt to connect
through the connection pool, but I'm not sure where to look to find that
information. I've looked at various logs on the db server, but none of them
seem to contain the information I'm looking for, so I'm sort of lost there.

-D