DEMESY Nicolas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know what are the system requirements for using Tomcat
> in a production server, with 50-100 users, on a Red Hat Advanced
> Server 3.
> Where can I find benchmarks ?
>
> Thank you for your advices,
> Nicolas DEMESY

I would recommend to load test your application and runtime environment,
first. I would get two or more production like servers, and write a load
test specifically geared toward your application. Number of tools are
available for this. From the open source world, I would try JMeter,
Grinder, Solex (eclipse plugin) or even HttpUnit. Once you have your
load test, I would play with different Tomcat configurations. Do not
forget that sometimes the garbage collection settings are quite
important. I would try with at least two or three gc algorithms.

So, finding system requirements is quite a project. Of course, if you
application is not mission critical, I would not bother. Just get a
regular AMD64/Pentium Server with at least 2MB, install a tomcat with
512mb heap, put a decent load balancer at front of it and you are done.

- Stefan