Hello,

We have one web application developed on tomcat which is used for uploading
the photos from the end users. We are facing one typical issue when we try
to upload a big image photo of size 7MB. We get the exception on the applet
(client side) as well as on the server (tomcat Catalina.out). I have
attached this exception in the mail.

We have modified the tomcat server.xml for the timeout period to reasonably
large value. I have monitored the network traffic using ethereal and it
shows that client is sending the data and server fails to acknowledge it.
Ethereal shows that it happens in the first 40 seconds when the data
transferred is not even 40kb. But this behavior is not observed when the
image size is 2-3 MB and we are able to upload the images with 2-3 MB size
without any issues.

Have you guys faced this kind of issue? Do you know what could be the reason
why this occurs?

Please send me if you have pointers on this. Feel free to write to me if you
need more information about this problem.

Thanks

Sandeep Darvekar

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the
property of Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or
use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please
notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems
Pvt. Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.