On Saturday 23 September 2006 15:23, David Smith wrote:
> Correction: context.xml belongs in META-INF of the war archive.

OK, I am begining to comprehend - and knowledge about the context.xml in the
META-INF file for a WAR archive is good.  I was looking for a way to wrap all
the info about the application in one directory structure - for my version
control.

Does this work with Tomcat 5.0 - thats my current production environment?

HOWEVER, in the short term I am not working with WAR files - instead I am
trying to deploy the application inside Eclipse. I tried creating a directory
etc under eclipse's (probably WTP plugin's) server configuration, but it
doesn't publish that to the conf directory inside it's CATALINA_HOME.

So still not sure how to proceed.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk