Hello, again, Hassan

I'd like to ask a couple of questions about your
                                                               | tomcat
   httpd <--> mod_proxy_ajp  <===> | tomcat
                                                               | tomcat

setup.  And the reason that I'm interested is because maybe
it provides a solution to the setup issues I had with multiple
http/https hosts in tomcat fronted by httpd.  And since you
report that "it didn't seem particularly onerous", it would
behove me to learn about how your setup was configured.

So, (apropos of the issues I saw with my setup) were there
multiple hosts, one or more of which required both http and https
access ?
(At this point I should point out that the multiple hosts I have all
contain the same web apps, but three of the four hosts are for development
only.   Nevertheless, the name of the contexts is the same in each
of the four hosts.  Of course, I could have given them different contexts
all out of the same single host by simply wrapping in a differently
named .war file, it is true, and that would have been the next configuration
attempt I was going to make.)

So the next obvious question is: are there aspects of the configuration
that you devised that you could publicly share ?  Were there any
tricks that you required and devised that could be shared ?   (I fully
appreciate that the answer to both questions may be "No" and of
course, I fully respect your decision on this matter, whichever it is.)

Maurice

Hassan Schroeder wrote:

2) my only recent experience using an Apache front-end was setting
    up a small cluster of multi-host Tomcats using Apache 2.2.x and
    mod_proxy_ajp; obviously more work than just Tomcat alone, but
    it didn't seem particularly onerous.