Von: Tracy Nelson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 26. September 2006 17:27
An: Tomcat Users List
Betreff: RE: Tomcat, MyFaces and JSP 2.1

| From: Döring Markus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
| Subject: Tomcat, MyFaces and JSP 2.1
|
| If not can I use only the JSP 2.1
| implementation of GlassFish without changing the other parts of the JEE
| implementation?

You mean just use GlassFish as the web container, and continue to use JBoss as
your JEE container?  I wouldn't think so, unless you're going to create
separate WAR files for the web interface and the rest of the application.
Hmmm, and how would you tell GF to invoke EJBs on JBoss -- I don't think JEE
containers are designed to be able to do that (why call another EJB container
when *you're* an EJB container?).

OTOH, if you mean can you swap GlassFish for JBoss, it shouldn't be that hard,
depending on what sort of JBoss-specific coding you have (maybe config
parameters in your DD).  Harder of course if you're depending on JBoss-specific
facilities (e.g., hot re-deploy).  But if you're sticking pretty closely to the
JEE spec, then you should be able to just drop your WAR file and run with it.