I've done a little more research into my problem, yet I'm still stumped.

If I view my webapp through http://216.10.1.198:8080/rtv, I can see all
updates to the app when I deploy a new war file without having to
restart tomcat.  But if I view the app through the subdomain
(rtv.myhost.com), then I do not see any of the changes when I redeploy
unless I restart Tomcat.

I changed my VirtualHost in Apache conf to this, but the webapp is still
cached if I view it through the subdomain:
<VirtualHost *>
        ServerName rtv.myhost.com
        ProxyRequests Off
        <Proxy *>
                Order deny,allow
                Allow from all
        </Proxy>
        ProxyPass / http://216.10.1.198:8080/rtv/
        ProxyPassReverse / http://216.10.1.198:8080/rtv/
        <Location />
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Location>
</VirtualHost>

With this new configuration, I can view my app through the subdomain
just fine, but I have to restart tomcat if I redeploy the app.

I'm running Tomcat 5.5.17, JRE 1.5, RedHat.

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm stumped.

Josh